Translate

Monday 5 December 2016

First GDT Project for XCS - Altered Book

Hello Blogland.

Today is a very exciting day cos I finally get to share my first GDT project made for Xanderous Crafty Stash.

The lovely Naomi posted for a GDT Call, I applied and was invited to be a GDT for December.
Of course I jumped at the chance and was sent some lovely bits and pieces to play with.

Here is my first project.
Front

Back

This is where I usually have my Recipe List, instead here are the step by step photos of how this came together.

Firstly I took the front and back covers off the A4 Sketch book (these are hard covers) and started adding texture.
For this I used molding paste, stencils, dry wall tape and some lace.
I then coated the whole thing (once dried) with Black Gesso.
This part is just using the front cover, I drew round the image I intended to use and added various sized cogs from Fernli Designs (these were coated in black gesso before being glued down).

Then came the fun bit - adding colour!!
For this I used Lindy's and Radiant Rain Mica Sprays and Perfect Pearls.
Then I simply added the image - which I coloured using Peacock Feathers Distress Ink - And all the Elements from XCS - these were gone over with Perfect Pearls to blend in slightly.
Once finished I simply reattached the covers to the book.

Here are the links to each element.

I cannot praise XCS enough, it's a fairly new business and is growing slowly but surely.
With more and more new things being added and great value for money you should really go check them out!!

If you enjoyed reading about this project please be kind and leave some love below in the comments.
Huggles
xoxox

2 comments: